The features of your aquarium must be taken into account when looking for the right stand. A heavier and larger tank must be supported by an appropriate stand that is both sturdy and strong. The strength of the stand should conform to the gallon capacity of the aquarium.
In addition to this, there are a few stands that are specially made to accommodate tanks that come with bow-shaped fronts; on the other hand, there are also those that are made to have the capability to uphold tanks that are rectangular in shape.
This makes it very essential to select a stand that is well fitted to the tank’s shape. Fortunately, the best aquarium stand reviews below can greatly assist you as you come up with the best possible option for your needs and preferences.
As you can see, you can only effectively pick the appropriate aquarium stand for your tank if you carefully take into consideration the shape, weight, and size of your aquarium.
Moreover, investing in a stand that is unsuitable for your aquarium, for example, may only result in crumbling, endangering and degrading your aquarium occupants. To help you select the best possible option, examine the best aquarium stand reviews below!
Best Aquarium Stand Reviews 2020
Are you wondering where you can purchase cheap fish tank stands? Imagitarium Brooklyn Metal Tank Stand is the perfect choice for 29-gallon tanks. You won’t have any problems in putting it together since it is a piece of cake to assemble. In the same way, even if you have uneven floors at home or in the workplace, this comes with adjustable feet to make leveling a plain sailing task for you to deal with.
As compared to other tank stand brands, this is considered less pricey so it is friendly for those who are on a budget. You can get a high quality and modern design stand that can be used for many years as well.
- Built with sturdy solid steel and durable construction
- Designed with easy-to-adjust feet for leveling
- Looks attractive in any terrarium or tanks
- Comes in different sizes to fit your needs and the size of the aquarium
- Contemporary and sleek design with black finish
Looking for fish tank stands that are not that expensive is slightly challenging these days since various brands come in pricey selling costs. Luckily, Ameriwood tank stand is budget-friendly and can be a great stand for your aquarium.
This stand comes with 2 doors that serve as a big shelf where you could store the fish-related stuff. And, it comes with 3 open compartments too that you can use for storing other items that you want to display. As you can see, besides being a tank stand, it also comes with ample storage spaces where you can store and display various stuff.
- Capable of holding tank sizes up to 37 gallons
- Designed with 2 cabinet doors for fish-related stuff storage
- Can serve its purpose perfectly
- Comes with 3 open compartments to store other stuff
- Good for budget
Ameriwood Aquarium Stand is an excellent 10 gallon fish tank stand that you can select from. As a matter of fact, this stands out from other options because it is capable of supporting a 10-gallon stand on one point and it can also uphold a 20-gallon stand on the reverse point.
It is essential to note that this stand is specially intended to provide support to tanks that extend the entire width of the above shelf in order for the weight to be fairly distributed.
- Comes with distinctive patent design
- Built with laminated MDF and particleboard
- Can provide reliable and stable support
- Easy to set up
- Compartments are put to good use
This metal fish tank stand comes with pegs on the above shelf, this is intended to aid align and keep the tank from shifting. However, this stand is ideal only for glass tanks that are designed with plastic frames on its base.
In like manner, if you have a tank that comes with different design, this is not ideal for you. Take note that you cannot put the tank on the top that is not the precise size meant for the stand. It is crucial to adhere to the instructions stringently to avoid any problem in the future.
- Built with solid steel construction
- Capable of holding up to two tanks simultaneously
- Easy-to-follow setup procedures
- Designed with rustproof powder coated finish
- Available in a wide array of sizes
Would you like to end up purchasing less costly metal aquarium stands? This brand will certainly make a nice accessory for your aquarium. It can help make your tank look more attractive, nice to behold and can serve as a fascinating display that you can add in your residence or workplace. You won’t have any difficulties in setting it up; however, unlike other available options available at present, it does not have a bottom shelf.
This is built with quality, very solid and durable and is capable of lining up perfectly with a more than 10-gallon tank. It supports the weight provided that you carefully adhere to the assembly procedures.
- All set for assembly with all tools included
- Waterproof and comes with powder coated finish
- Built with classic scroll style
- Designed with black powder coated metal frame
- Fit perfectly in small space
If you are planning to purchase a 20 gallon fish tank stand, then you may take a closer look at Imagitarium Newport Wooden Tank Stand. This will definitely look great on your aquarium and it can help keep all your fish stuff secured in the shelves beneath it. As you can see, the dark finish on the wood looks exquisite and it can match any living room furniture.
Moreover, the shelves are comparably bulky which is a clear indication of a premium quality wood. The design is not solely meant to ensure an appealing décor to your tank but is also intended to provide the much needed support your tank requires.
- Tidy and contemporary design
- Quite easy going to set up
- Designed with easy-to-adjust protective nylon leveling feet
- Looks great for the current selling price
- Comes with nice finish and enough storage space
Basically, it is always daunting to search for the best fish tank stand that is reliable to use, easy to install, built with premium quality materials and can serve its purpose quite well. With lots of available options, it can be tough to pick the one that has all these features. Luckily, Aquatic Fundamentals Upright Aquarium Stand can offer you all these specifications.
This aquarium stand’s design is simple yet elegant, the materials it is made of are first-rate, it comes with huge storage space but this does not come with shelves. With proper assembly, you can guarantee that it does rock back and forth and can provide the necessary support for the aquarium.
- Capable of holding up to 90-gallon tank
- Designed with 2 front doors for easy access
- Comes with adequate storage rooms for various stuff
- A wonderful addition for your aquarium
- Quite easy to set up
Ameriwood Home Cove Aquarium Stand is the ideal choice for small tanks. It has the capacity to hold some cleaning supplies and extra books or items that fit in its tiny cupboard. If you are looking for a stand that look stunning in your place, then this is the right pick for you!
More than that, it is made of MDF and laminated particleboard, it comes with a good height and is durable enough to support a 20-gallon tank. For newbies, the assembly procedure may be slightly tedious but not that bad. Meanwhile, for experienced tank hobbyists, putting the piece together is considered a kid stuff.
- No sweat to assemble
- Can complement any room décor
- Sturdy and solid construction materials
- A great display to your home or workplace
- Can match any type of room
This tank stand is ideal for slim tanks and the space that you have it in. Take in mind that it is imperative to be cautious of what sides the holes are facing when assembling it. With proper assembly procedure, you can avoid wobbling or any rocking back and forth tendencies.
Furthermore, this aquarium stand looks stunning and does not have any bulky feel of most tank stands of this size. It comes with added wood work that makes it appear way pricier than it actually was. Essentially, this can perfectly hold a 10-gallon aquarium. The bottom space of the stand acts as a storage space for various tank stuffs.
- Waterproof with powder coated finish design
- All tools required are included in the package
- Engineered with classic scroll design
- Easy to put together
- Ideal for small space
If you wish to add an eye-appealing addition to your tank, then this aquarium stand can do the magic. This can be placed anywhere in your dwelling place, it could actually look even better in your master’s bedroom. As you can see, its wood finish is quite impressive and can complement any décor and space.
This product is made to last as it is designed with water-resistant feature to guarantee additional protection. Since having an aquarium may cause your stand to get drenched once in a while, there is no need for you to worry because it is water-proof and won’t get damaged easily.
- Waterproof for more added protection
- Designed with easy-to-adjust shelves and double doors
- Equipped with exceptional cord management system
- Comes with Jamocha Wood Finish
- Reliable and solid construction
This tank stand certainly knows about bringing premium quality to your aquarium. It is highly recognized for being one of the best 55-gallon tank stands for many reasons. It comes with additional protection like water-proof feature and its powder coated door, base and top. Fundamentally, it does not solely support the sturdiness of the stand but also aids in enhancing the design and appearance of the aquarium and the stand itself.
- Well-built and easy to assemble
- Designed with sturdy water-proof finish
- Comes with concealed storage space
- Ideal for the canister filter and additional storage
- Reversible panels are stunning
This aquarium stand is absolutely a great deal. You won’t have any struggle in putting it together; nevertheless, it has a plenty of pieces to set up. It could be a durable and stunning stand when set up appropriately. It is interesting to note that the aesthetics complement attractively with the aquarium and you won’t have to worry about wobbling tendencies at all.
This stand comes with a fine cross bar wood piece located at the back top where users can easily mount a power strip on the interior section in order to conceal all the cords. Please be guided that the back piece must be glued so as to provide the much needed support. Indeed, the glue surrounding perimeter is truly vital to guarantee stability, so see to it that you put a thick bead.
- Perfectly compatible with BioCube tanks
- Comes with roomy shelving
- Materials are water-resistant
- Built with rear electrical holes with durable and elevated feet
- Deigned with black handles and acrylic tinted panels
What To Look For When Buying An Aquarium Stand ?
Many a time, new aquarium owners encounter an unpleasant first experience with their tank and end up nearly giving up prior to getting started. By taking in mind all the indispensable factors in buying a tank stand and having a well-thought-of plan ahead; these could greatly assist potential new tank owners to ward off common hazards.
Needless to say, even for experienced aquarium owners, it cannot be denied that planning is a great idea.
Here are some of the factors that you need to contemplate on when buying an aquarium stand:
- Cost. One should not be deceived by the idea that you can start an aquarium hobby for less than $50. In reality, starting up an aquarium may cost roughly $150 by up to $200. So, if you do not have this sum of money yet, consider setting aside some more and invest in an aquarium stand when you already have enough budget to get started.
Take note that it is always best to save until the funds are available to obtain all the things that you require in this hobby. And, a good means to get started is to create a checklist of what you need.
- The size of the tank. If it is your first time to start an aquarium, as much as possible, avoid tanks below 10 gallons. Some small tanks are virtually harder to manage as compared to the larger ones. This is because toxins can accumulate quite fast in a low volume of water. Water chemistry and temperature changes could also emerge instantly when there are only a few gallons of water.
- Weight of the tank. A tank that is bigger than 15 gallons shall weigh more than 200 lbs. once filled with water. And, this must be placed on a durable stand rather than a desk or a shelf.
Indeed, you will also require a place where to put the tank
that isn’t subjected to drafts, is not positioned in direct sunlight or extreme temperatures that may harm your tank inhabitants.
- Location. The location should be fine with getting drenched every now and then. Removing or adding fish and tank occupants from the aquarium will splash around the aquarium. Hence, if you are planning to keep an aquarium on bookshelves or desktop or other location that might get drenched, consider this situation.
- The number of tank inhabitants you plan to keep. You need to be realistic about the number and size of your fish. Obviously, your tank occupants shall figure out the size of the tank that you need to purchase, and this seriously impacts the space that you will especially require to accommodate your tank friends.
For instance, if you decide to buy a larger tank, it is advised to begin with some fish that are not difficult to take care of. Eventually, as you gain experience in keeping a tank, you can gradually add more fish that are slightly challenging to keep.
To put simply, always first consider the size of the tank and the number of fish that you plan to look after at the start. Afterward, plan ahead prior to buying the fish or equipment and this can aid make your new hobby a success and a more enjoyable one!
Why do you need a aquarium stand?
Aquarium stands are necessary in that they are the ones that provide support for the entire tank. As a general rule, when purchasing a stand, you need to ensure that you pick the one that comes with the capacity to support and bear the entire length and width of the tank. This is particularly useful with tanks that are larger and comes with heavy weight.
Of course, a larger and heavier tank requires a solid and durable stand that can fully support it. Aside from providing the support that the aquarium needs, aquarium stands can also serve as a very attractive addition in your tank and an eye-catching display inside your house.
Not to mention, an aquarium and a suitable stand that comes with various colors of fish and other decors can definitely add something unique and soothing to any spot in your dwelling place. Without question, this could make any room in the house look brighter, fresher and happier.
As a matter of fact, many people believe that any form of water that is kept inside the house surely brings fortune and good health to the family.
Where to buy aquarium stand ?
You can buy aquarium stands in various pet or fish stores in your area, Walmart, Amazon, eBay, Petco., Petsmart, Lowes, and other highly credible online shopping sites.
Right to it, when it comes to deciding what type of aquarium stand to get, it is crucial to mull over the shape, size, and weight of your current tank. Apart from this, also look at the kind of materials the stand is made of, think about the space for the equipment, how easy is it to set up, the height of your tank and what look do you prefer.
Of course, before anything else, you need to set the budget you are willing to spend for a tank stand. Be reminded that you should not settle for low-cost options if the quality is compromised.
As you can see, there are a number of factors that you need to think over when investing in a high-quality aquarium stand. Luckily, with the best aquarium stand reviews shared above, it is no longer a very cumbersome task for you to decide which one perfectly matches all the requirements you have in mind.